The vision of the International Institute for Applied Knowledge Management (IIAKM) is to be one of the leading organizations that advocates sharing and access to knowledge. The Institute values activities and research that promote the practice of Knowledge Management in the following categories:
- Managing knowledge, Processes, Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Economy
- Systems, Tools, Technologies, IT for KM, Innovation
- Organizational Learning
- People, Culture, Communities, Communication Strategy, Reward, Recognition, Human Resources
- Strategy, Operation
The coverage of content
The coverage of content in the above categories includes, but not limited to, the following topics: Cybersecurity, Information assurance/security, Knowledge society, IT, Intelligent information systems, Analytics, Business intelligence, Architectures for KM systems, Biometrics, Bioinformatics and Healthcare, Business Process Management Systems, Digital Media, E-Commerce/Business, E-Government, E-Learning, M-Learning, ERP, Ethics, Learning, Human capital, HCI, Business strategy, Content management, Data mining, Management Strategy, Strategic thinking, Knowledge acquisition, Knowledge creation/sharing mechanisms, knowledge economy (new economy), PM, Knowledge Services, Organizational learning, Mapping social networks, Mobile Communications, networking and Social networks analysis.
The institute is currently engaged in the following activities:
- International Conference: The KM Conference provides a showcase for the latest research in practice that focuses on knowledge management and how it is used to improve and sustain quality in academia, industry, and government. The Institute also organizes and sponsors national/regional conferences.
- Journal: The International Institute for Applied Knowledge Management publishes intellectual contributions through its journal, the Online Journal of Applied Knowledge Management (OJAKM). OJAKM is a multidisciplinary peer reviewed journal that endeavors to provide readers around the globe with the widest possible coverage of high quality applied research, practice, and innovation articles that cover all aspects of KM at academia, industry, and government. The inaugural issue of the Online Journal of Applied Management will be published in Spring 2013.
The International Institute for Applied Knowledge Management is the host and publisher of the Journal of Information, Information Technology, and Organizations (JIITO) beginning with Volume 8, 2013. JIITO's mission is to encourage authors to develop and publish quality papers that address in a balanced manner all three entities signified in its title: information, information technology (IT), and the organizational context.
- Every year, the Institute recognizes individuals that have made significant contributions to the field through scholarship, research, publication, curriculum and program development, and service. The awards are Fellow & Distinguished Scholar, Award of Excellence in Leadership, Lifetime Academic Achievement Award. and Best Paper Awards.
The International Institute for Applied Knowledge Management is an affiliate of the International Association for Computer Information Systems.